As long as there are people who make the world a better place, we’ll keep making a difference for them. Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve those who serve others. It is this mission and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization.
When you work here at TIAA, you’re not just in it for yourself. You are part of something bigger. A collective mission to make a difference – a collective mission we make our own.
To be difference makers.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
The Education Savings Call Center is open Monday through Friday from 8AM Eastern to 8PM Eastern. Each shift is 8-hours long and the shifts typically start between the hours of 8 AM and 11:15 AM. Mandatory overtime should be expected and is determined based on business need and during peak business periods, which include the months of January, April and December.
The Education Savings Consultant will be responsible for helping the department meet specific asset accumulation goals, while supporting inbound and outbound call center initiatives and call center metrics in a highly structured environment. The successful consultant in this role will engage each client in a needs-based conversation with the goal of defining the product in terms of its contributions to the client’s life and not by the product’s properties.
In addition to delivering solutions, the Consultant will or may be requested to:
- Track and produce monthly reports on client contacts
- Track and update systems as accounts are funded
- Make outbound calls to clients
- Identify root causes of client issues and confusion
- Assist clients with website navigation and website functionality
- Support internal and external events
- Facilitate webinars
- FINRA Registered with Series 6 and 63 required
- A minimum of 3+ years of Inbound or Outbound Call Center experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Finance preferred)
- Knowledge of Qualified Tuition Plans, Mutual Funds, competing financial products
- 3+ years of experience in a financial service’s call center
- Energy, enthusiasm and a desire to help clients and prospects in a highly structured environment
- Demonstrable experience in successfully delivering Needs-Based customer experiences in a call center / business acquisition environment (Demonstrated through role play)
- Strong knowledge of pooled asset products such as mutual funds Excellent communication skills
- Basic understanding of competing financial products, financial markets and the interaction between different assets classes
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as ‘protected characteristics’).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017