As long as there are people who make the world a better place, we’ll keep making a difference for them. Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve those who serve others. It is this mission and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization.
When you work here at TIAA, you’re not just in it for yourself. You are part of something bigger. A collective mission to make a difference – a collective mission we make our own.
To be difference makers.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
The Senior Manager – Client Services is responsible for oversight and leadership of a team of Client Relationship Consultants (CRC) supporting Wealth Management Advisors (WMA) in deepening and growing high net worth (with assets of $500,000 or more) and affluent TIAA client relationships.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Ability to meet financial and business targets outlined in Wealth Management and Client Relations Center (CRC) Scorecard.
- Anticipate trends that impact sales and retention and recommend corrective measures to better position advisory team for delivery of optimal performance.
- Ability to manage and influence a large number of direct and indirect reports.
- Designs and implements policies and procedures for the group – .CRC, Wealth Management Outreach Consultant, Regional Manager, and/or Wealth Management Investment Specialists and participates in developing and establishing company-wide policies and processes across TIAA departments.
- Ability to supervise advisor team in Wealth Management Director’s absence. Provides sales coaching for WMAs of partner Director team.
- Lead and contributes to strategic projects that drive the direction of the team, region and Individual Advisory Services Group.
- Independently lead CRC project initiatives that affect Individual Advisory Services and other departments. Project Management may account for 15 to 20 percent of job responsibilities.
- Identify unit and wealth management inefficiencies and implement strategic and tactical solutions. (i.e. piloting and/or management of various role types within a Center of Excellence.)
- Drives efficiency and quality improvements in processes and systems to positively impact bottom-line and/or participant service.
- Is aware of the need to effectively manage risk along all relevant categories, i.e. people, reputational, operational risks, etc.
- Proven ability to work independently and demonstrate ownership of a practice.
- Manages cost appropriately.
- Responsible for leading practice management process and guiding change.
- Assist in handling of escalated supervisory and service calls for Wealth Management Directors.
- Implements policies and procedures for the functions managed and, participate with other areas in developing and establishing company-wide or area-specific policies and processes (ie. Operations, Brokerage, CAG, Participant Services)
- Executes against work plans that build efficiencies and accuracy as well as enhance the overall work environment.
- Works on cross-functional project teams and builds relationships within TIAA (e.g. Brokerage, Operations, Participant Services, FCG)
- Manage external discussions with clients in place of partner WMA Director where needed.
- Existing Series 7, 66 (or 63 and 65), 24 and appropriate state life insurance licenses are highly preferred. All licenses must be obtained within 120 days from start date.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant technical and/or functional experience required. Demonstrated experience and success in a coaching environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Designation such as CFP, CLU, CHFC desirable.
- Experience in sales/operations management including process improvement (e.g. SIX Sigma / LEAN) experience with strong compliance knowledge and supervisory skills including effective decision-making, time management and communication (verbal, written, interpersonal).
- Adaptability and flexibility in a fast paced, changing environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as ‘protected characteristics’).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017