As long as there are people who make the world a better place, we’ll keep making a difference for them. Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve those who serve others. It is this mission and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization.
When you work here at TIAA, you’re not just in it for yourself. You are part of something bigger. A collective mission to make a difference – a collective mission we make our own.
To be difference makers.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
TIAA’s Individual Advisory Services (IAS) Business offers highly sophisticated financial planning capabilities designed to help our clients accomplish their immediate and long term investment goals. The Individual Advisory Services Business launched in 2005 and aligns with the core values that made TIAA successful in the not-for-profit sector since 1918. As a result, we know our Wealth Management clients better than anyone else in the academic, medical, cultural and research environments. Today TIAA serves 5 million individuals overall, $866 Billion in Assets Under Management. We employ over 10,000 employees across 100+ local offices.
As we expand our IAS Business to meet client demand for our products and services, we take pride in building a remarkable group of talented advisors who thrive on a consultative client approach and team collegiality. Successful Advisors at TIAA understand their client’s unique financial objectives through one-on-one advice as well as leveraging our collaborative environment to deliver appropriate products and services. These products and services include Managed Accounts, Private Asset Management, Personal Trust Services, Retirement Plans, a family of no-load Mutual Funds, Life Insurance, IRAs, After-Tax Annuities, Brokerage Service and Education Savings plans. Strong Wealth Management Advisor applications will have demonstrated experience serving affluent client needs through outstanding relationship management skills, solid financial service product knowledge and proven sales skills.
As a Wealth Management Advisor, you will have the opportunity to deliver a distinctive client experience that leverages our unique value proposition. Here’s how we’re different:
- We utilize a consultative, needs-based approach to financial planning and advice.
- We operate in a collaborative, team based environment. Advisors may also leverage our in-house Tax/Trust Estate Planning/Retirement/Investment experts, and utilize our local and regional operational professionals.
- We prepare our Advisors for success with comprehensive training and tools. This includes a training program, mentorship program, peer coaching support, and ongoing education on investments, wealth management, new financial tools and company products.
- We reward our employees for taking care of our clients. Our competitive compensation package includes an annual base salary, a variable bonus opportunity that rewards client service excellence rather than product promotion, and excellent benefits such as a Retirement Plan and 401k match, health/life insurance, education reimbursements. Relocation benefits may be available for specific geographic opportunities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Serve as TIAA’s primary relationship manager for high net worth and affluent clients.
- Manage and develop an assigned book of business of client relationships (approximately 500) across TIAA’s products and services while complying with all regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for growing the book of business through identifying value-added products and services for clients, identifying and acquiring client assets held outside of TIAA and developing additional business through referrals.
- Build and solidify client relationships pre- and post-retirement through a distinctive experience that leverages the unique value proposition of the Individual Advisory Service’s business.
- Manages client relationships with the goal of developing first call status for all financial planning needs.
- Coordinates communications among a client’s account team and across applicable institutional segments.
- Some local travel may be required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in financial services industry with high net worth clients (250k +) is required
- Series 7, 66 (or 63 and 65) and appropriate State Life and Health Insurance licenses are highly preferred. All licenses must be obtained within 120 days from start date.
- Experience as a lead planner/advisor for a book of high net worth (250k +) and affluent clients
- Ability to deliver a distinctive and thoughtful experience that is aimed at presenting complex information in a way that enables clients to make informed investment decisions
- Experience assisting clients with retirement products and solutions, general investment matters and applicable tax and estate planning issues
- Experience utilizing the Consultative Sales Process to understand a client’s financial situation and personal circumstances
- Experience generating sales from warm leads
- Computer skills that include working knowledge with Microsoft Office suite, CRM, and proprietary systems
- Experience conducting in-person client meetings and presentations
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field
- Professional designation of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) preferred but can be obtained utilizing our Professional Designation Program
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as ‘protected characteristics’).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017