As long as there are people who make the world a better place, we’ll keep making a difference for them. Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve those who serve others. It is this mission and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization.
When you work here at TIAA, you’re not just in it for yourself. You are part of something bigger. A collective mission to make a difference – a collective mission we make our own.
To be difference makers.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
TIAA has a Sr. Middleware Engineer opportunity in their Charlotte, NC or Iselin, NJ office. This role will partner with Engineering and Host Services, Infrastructure Automation and Development and other IT engineers to support the implementation of automation technologies. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of middleware and have the ability to collaborate with stakeholders. This is a great opportunity to learn and be expose to emerging technologies and grow your career. Come and be a part of our transformation!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide technical support to the overall enterprise technology strategy
- Implement automation technologies to rapidly deliver and effectively manage environments while maintaining configuration management across the enterprise
- Partner with required stakeholders in support of an enterprise Middleware integration strategy; ensure alignment to Application design strategies are meeting key business requirements
- Build common reusable components for core applications utilizing the Middleware services
- Provide consulting and expertise to other IT teams on using middleware platforms for IT service delivery. Partner with peer groups to gather requirements and feedback that results in platform architecture changes
- Provide engineering expertise to implement Middleware framework to build common reusable components for core applications utilizing the Middleware services
- Provide engineering support to integrate monitoring/administration technologies that proactively alert on Application system performance, identify/resolve issues before they become service-impacting events
- Create and maintain documentation for middleware installations, changes and upgrades
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience designing, implementing and maintaining middleware solutions or related systems engineering
- Familiarity with software quality assurance, configuration management, software engineering processes, product release planning, project estimation, scheduling and tracking
- Prior experience working on cross functional project teams to fill in middleware design gaps and help solve design problems often using a DevOps approach
- Experience operating in a DevOps framework specializing in Middleware technologies and Application services
- Demonstrated experience with Java based application hosting technologies such as WebLogic, Tomcat, Jboss or Websphere
- Demonstrated experience HTTP Webserver platforms such as Apache and Nginx
- Possess knowledge of application technology trends such as Containerization, Microservices and Cloud
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or Terraform
- Ability to communicate both in writing and verbally to support projects
- Experience working with AWS or Azure cloud platform
- Demonstrated experience defining enterprise technical solutions
- Experience leading middleware product implementation
- Familiarity with API technology: MuleSoft Anypoint, IBM Datapower, etc.
- Familiarity with Security technology
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as ‘protected characteristics’).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017