As long as there are people who make the world a better place, we’ll keep making a difference for them. Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve those who serve others. It is this mission and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization.
When you work here at TIAA, you’re not just in it for yourself. You are part of something bigger. A collective mission to make a difference – a collective mission we make our own.
To be difference makers.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
TIAA’s Individual Advisory Services (IAS) Business offers highly sophisticated financial planning capabilities designed to help our clients accomplish their immediate and long term investment goals. The Individual Advisory Services Business launched in 2005 and aligns with the core values that made TIAA successful in the not-for-profit sector since 1918. As a result, we know our Wealth Management clients better than anyone else in the academic, medical, cultural and research environments. Today TIAA serves 5 million individuals overall, $866 Billion in Assets Under Management. We employ over 10,000 employees across 100+ local offices.
As we expand our IAS Business to meet client demand for our products and services, we take pride in building a remarkable group of talented advisors who thrive on a consultative client approach and team collegiality. The Wealth Management Client Relationship Consultant (WMCRC) is the primary service and sales support and point of contact for clients of partner Wealth Management Advisors and Associate Wealth Management Advisors. He/She proactively contacts existing and prospective clients as part of the Wealth Management client relationship management strategy and responds to client service needs via multiple methods of contact (i.e. phone, email, written correspondence). Additional responsibilities include all necessary follow-up communication with processing areas and clients with regard to service and/or problem resolution, as well as communication of the Wealth Management value proposition and the Consultative Sales Process.
Acceptance of the position requires an 18 month commitment prior to posting for other roles within the organization.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist in managing individual relationships with high net worth clients across all products and services, focusing on building book of business, strengthening relationships, and growing and retaining assets.
- Provide client service and sales support as an integral part of the Wealth Management advisory team, focusing primarily on advice implementation, asset consolidation coordination and client counseling on income execution, including assisting clients in completing forms and reviewing forms for accuracy.
- Identify sales and asset retention opportunities and refer to advisory team; accountable for coordinating sales cycle management activities, including follow-through on asset growth opportunities to ensure timely sales execution.
- Address client issues and manages client expectations.
- Perform registered and non-registered activities related to identifying client needs and identify potential issues with current financial plans (estate planning, beneficiaries, etc); probe for client concerns and gather additional information regarding client current financial situation and potential future needs.
- Conduct proactive client outreaches and/or marketing campaigns as determined by the Advisory team to educate clients on additional WM products and services.
- Responsible for developing & leading advisory team practice management routines to promote efficient and effective practices and support Advisory team in overall book management strategy
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in financial services industry with high net worth clients (250k +) is required
- Series 7, 66 (or 63 and 65) and appropriate State Life and Health Insurance licenses are highly preferred. All licenses must be obtained within 120 days from start date.
- Experience working in a financial sales/service capacity for a book of high net worth (250k +) and affluent clients
- Ability to deliver a distinctive and thoughtful experience that is aimed at presenting complex information in a way that enables clients to make informed investment decisions
- Experience working independently and delegating non-registered items to support teams
- Experience assisting clients with retirement products and solutions, general investment matters and applicable tax and estate planning issues
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Experience generating sales from warm leads
- Computer skills that include working knowledge with Microsoft Office suite, CRM, and proprietary systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field
- Professional designation of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) preferred but can be obtained utilizing our Professional Designation Program
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as ‘protected characteristics’).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017