As long as there are people who make the world a better place, we’ll keep making a difference for them. Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve those who serve others. It is this mission and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization.
When you work here at TIAA, you’re not just in it for yourself. You are part of something bigger. A collective mission to make a difference – a collective mission we make our own.
To be difference makers.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
TIAA’s Talent Acquisition is seeking a Senior Talent Advisor to support and partner with our Information Technology group within the Client Services & Technology organization. The Sr Talent Advisor will deliver top talent through performing a full life cycle recruiting process (source, qualify, interview, assess, extend/negotiate and close offers). The successful Sr Talent Advisor will build and maintain a network of potential candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage the full life cycle of the recruitment process while partnering with HR Relationship and Business/Line management to plan and implement cost-effective sourcing strategies that identify and deliver top talent to Information Technology.
- Cultivate a network of relationships inside and outside the organization and have the ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences through high offer-to-interview ratios.
Build and maintain networks of potential candidates for Information Technology through pro-active market research (including competitor trends and market intelligence) and on-going relationship management.
Engage with hiring managers to conduct initial needs assessment and create accurate, well written position specifications/job advertisements.
Conduct in-depth interviews of potential candidates and communicate clear expectations of the recruiting process including interview, offer, background and onboarding.
Promote the candidate experience through business acumen, knowledge of benefits and value proposition for TIAA’s employees.
Develop and communicate recommendations to hiring managers based on knowledge of the markets, candidate and talent strategies.
Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation as well as coaching through the hiring process.
Drive diversity sourcing strategies and engage in internal and external affinity events.
Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives including assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers.
- 5+ years of overall recruiting experience of which 3+ years must be supporting full lifecycle Information Technology talent acquisition.
- 3+ years professional experience in executing recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, placing postings and advertisements, candidates management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management.
- Preferred full life-cycle Corporate Recruiting experience in the Financial Services industry.
- Strong client management skills and ability to influence.
- Strong market research capabilities and the ability to present research to senior management.
- Strong sourcing (computer and networking software) skills and ability to generate leads.
- Accountability to work independently and without supervision.
- Must have outstanding phone interviewing skills to discern core competencies as they relate to our requirements and refer the most qualified candidates to managers.
- Able to proactively network and establish effective working relationships.
- Create cost effective and efficient recruiting efforts to continually seek new sourcing options.
- Ability to develop creative approaches to source candidates in challenging niche markets.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or related experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as ‘protected characteristics’).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017