As long as there are people who make the world a better place, we’ll keep making a difference for them. Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve those who serve others. It is this mission and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization.
When you work here at TIAA, you’re not just in it for yourself. You are part of something bigger. A collective mission to make a difference – a collective mission we make our own.
To be difference makers.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
The Individual Advisory Outreach Consultant (IAOC) works in partnership with TIAA Wealth Management Advisory teams. He/she proactively contacts unengaged TIAA clients, referrals and marketing leads to introduce TIAA’s Wealth Management Advisory services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- The IAOC will reach out to proactively existing TIAA clients and prospects to introduce TIAA’s Individual Advisory Services with the goal of initiating the advisory relationship while scheduling an appointment with our TIAA Wealth Management advisory team.
- The IAOC will reach out to clients who have been referred to TIAA Individual Advisory Services with the goal of initiating the advisory relationship while scheduling an appointment with our TIAA Wealth Management advisory team.
- Using the Consultative Sales Process, the IAOC will complete initial client call and pre-discovery meeting to determine client’s current financial situation, potential future needs and Outside Investable Assets.
- Ability to excel within a team setting and drive team performance
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to manage business partner relationships and expectations
- Growth Mindset- the mindset that allows you to thrive and grow. Ability to lead through change, lead team innovation, values driven
- Ability to manage your own business with autonomy and adapt to ever-changing business environment
- Series 7 & 63 or required to obtain within 120 days
- Registered and Licensed in Life/Health in all 50 States or required to obtain within 120 days
- 1 to 3 years of experience
- Experience with Client Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of the Wealth Management value proposition, products and services (retirement planning, investments, estate planning, etc.)
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- Experience with or willingness to learn the Consultative Sales Process
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal, with an ability to engage and educate clients, and close business
- Working knowledge and understanding of financial markets, products and services
Acceptance of the position requires an 18 month commitment prior to posting for other roles within the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as ‘protected characteristics’).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017