As long as there are people who make the world a better place, we’ll keep making a difference for them. Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve those who serve others. It is this mission and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization.
When you work here at TIAA, you’re not just in it for yourself. You are part of something bigger. A collective mission to make a difference – a collective mission we make our own.
To be difference makers.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
TIAA Internal Audit Division has an opening for a SeniorInternal Auditorwithin the Internal Audit Professional Practices Group. The role will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and providing Audit and Investigations operations support across the Division.
- Assisting in planning and executing Quality Assurance Reviews of Internal Audit activities (e.g., audits, Management Action Plan, audit planning).
- Supporting in the execution of tactical plans relative to the implementation of the internal audit function’s overall goals and objectives.
- Coordinating and facilitating of Audit Committee and Board meetings and reporting.
- Proactively monitoring for changes to industry and regulatory requirements, guidance, and pronouncements.
- Supporting Division-wide improvement efforts and operations in efficiency, effectiveness and productivity, including risk assessment, annual audit plan development, Division scorecard and dashboard reporting, metrics, regulatory requests, and Division-wide training initiatives.
- Working independently on unique or special assignments requiring specialized knowledge and experience.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The qualified candidate will have a strong knowledge of the Institute of Internal Audit’s (IIA) International Professional Practices Framework to which the Internal Audit Division’s methodology is aligned; Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and controls frameworks; and large bank holding company operations audit standards. The role also requires strong knowledge of financial services products, services and regulations; internal audit leading practices; risk management; and regulatory guidance and expectations (FRBB, OCC, SEC, State Insurance).
Other necessary skills include proven track record of strong project management and experience in implementation of processes to ensure efficient organizational operations. The qualified candidate will also possess strong written and verbal communication skills in working with management, peers, external auditors, and others, while remaining independent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in public accounting and/or diversified financial services, including experience in auditing or a related field.
- Requires a proven track record in leading and managing projects.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting, finance or other business related field is required. MBA preferred.
Prior working experience in Internal Auditing, IT Auditing, or Professional Practices; prior experience conducting quality assurance reviews or preparing and coordinating Board and Audit Committee meetings and reporting are strongly preferred. Strong technical knowledge of TeamMate is also preferred
A Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CiSA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or similar professional certification is strongly preferred.
Experience in a regulated financial services environment with some interactions with regulators such as the Federal Reserve, OCC, SEC, FINRA, or state Insurance Departments, is also preferred.
The incumbent of this position will be designated as a ‘Tier 1 Access Person’ for personal trading purposes. Such a designation imposes restrictions on securities holdings and trading activities of the incumbent, and of certain family members, which should be fully understood before any offer of employment for this position is accepted.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as ‘protected characteristics’).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017