Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
The Internal Investment Consultant is responsible for the sales and support of the Managed Account solutions (Portfolio Advisor and Private Asset Management) in their assigned regions. They are partnered with ISD’s at a regional level (Integrated Solutions Directors) and share similar goals and scorecard metrics.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Providing sales support via handling incoming calls and questions from the Advisory Teams in the field. This requires an expert level of knowledge of the products, process, positioning and problem resolution.
- Engaging in proactive wholesaling activities (Outbound calls, Director Team calls, and Regional meetings).
- Responsible for driving product awareness and adoption in the field.
- Support distribution channel initiatives and find ways to add value to their process
- Participate on Strategy Calls.
- The IIC may travel in their assigned region to participate and present in group meetings and training sessions.
- Participate in pipeline management activities in partnership with the ISD and IRC.
- Partner with IAS Directors to provide sales support, team training and share best practices.
- Facilitate new hire training and drive product awareness and adoption
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of investment experience.
- Series 7, 63, 65 are required. Must comply with all regulatory requirements and remain in good standing.
- State Insurance Licensing required
- Direct sales or wholesaling experience preferred with a proven track record in client or Advisor facing activities.
- Ability to build and cultivate strong working relationships in a cross channel environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills are required to communicate complicated financial concepts in a manner an advisor and client can understand and appreciate.
- Industry designations are preferred (CIMA, CFP)
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as ‘protected characteristics’).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017