Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
TIAA’s Business Finance Officer (BFO) team is looking for a Sr. Director/Director level person in our Denver or New York office to support the IFS Technology & Operations business Head. The IFS Tech & Ops Finance Relationship Manager will provide their respective Business Leader and Management Team with decision support through the use of management reporting, future-focused analytics, predictive modeling capabilities, decision tools and problem-solving support to help drive our businesses financial planning, budgeting and forecasting requirements. This person will also play a critical role in partnering with the T&O team, as well as the business, in facilitating the execution of the multi-year strategic roadmap and its impact across the entire firm.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
oManages the overall activities of the functional area which encompasses
understanding financial aspects of new businesses that can be very complex
and require coordination across the enterprise
oProvide financial leadership, guidance and analysis in a clear and simple
way. Be able to tell the business story and develop and deliver influential
communications to drive business results
oDeep engagement with all business segments to proactively develop and
deliver consistent timely and simplified financial analytics, education and
counsel to guide decision making
oPresent and clearly articulate the financial results of the business areas as
well as the various initiatives and strategies to management and Executive
oDeep understanding of the business supported to drive timely and accurate
alignment of expense allocations to appropriate legal entities and product lines
oAnalyze, interpret and report financial results and business area project
oDevelop models/tools for early identification of financial trends and drivers for
use across business segments. Make recommendations for issue resolution:
maintain and improve current financial systems and models
oCollaborate with Technology, Operations and business areas to develop
operational and financial health metrics and measures
oDevelopment of business case financial models and projections
oRepresent and own TCO allocations to respective LOBs and work with key
stakeholders in refining and improving overall cost transparency
oHelp to drive a strong culture of partnership between the BFO and business
oIncorporation of productivity and continuous improvement methodologies to
ensure long-term success
- Bachelors’ Degree required, Advanced Business degree preferred in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Math
- 8 plus years of experience
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet agreed upon deadlines and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Experience supporting an Information Technology and Operations function from a financial and functional standpoint preferred
- Deep understanding of financial statements and elements that drive those, with the ability to analyze and interpret complex financial information
- A proactive self-starter with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills
- Strong verbal/written communication skills at senior management level
- Must be able to work independently, as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work in a matrix management structure and to influence key partners and business unit leaders
- Critical thinker and self-starter who is willing to work proactively to identify key business priorities, opportunities and threats, and work across teams to implement necessary solutions
- Strong relationship management, team building, presentation and communications skills that establish trust, credibility and respect
- Thought leadership to help drive agenda with senior leadership.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as ‘protected characteristics’).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017